All Eltham Wildcats Members:
There are a number of positions on the General Committee that require renewal at the Club’s Annual General Meeting on Monday 30 May 2022 as per our Statement of Rules. I have attached a schedule detailing the current General Committee membership, highlighting those positions concerned.
You will note that we have three vacancies for Ordinary Members of the General Commitee. If you are interested in nominating, please contact email@example.com and he will send you a nomination form.
Should we receive more than 3 nominations for these vacancies or any nominations for which there is already a nomination we will need to conduct a ballot in accordance with rule 52 of our Statement or Rules which states:
(1) If a ballot is required for the election for a position, the President must appoint a member to act as returning officer to conduct the ballot.
(2) The returning officer must not be a member nominated for the position.
(3) Ballot papers will be made available to all members which will include a short, written
summary from each candidate supporting his or her election at least 30 days prior to the
annual general meeting.
(4) The election must be by secret ballot.
(5) The returning officer will provide a secure ballot box for members to lodge their ballots at the Club’s offices at least 15 days before the annual general meeting to enable any subsequent ballots, should they be required. .
(6) If the ballot is for a single position, the voter must write on the ballot paper the name of the candidate for whom they wish to vote.
(7) If the ballot is for more than one position—
(a) the voter must write on the ballot paper the name of each candidate for whom they wish to vote;
(b) the voter must not write the names of more candidates than the number to be elected.
(8) Ballot papers that do not comply with subrule (7)(b) are not to be counted.
(9) Each ballot paper on which the name of a candidate has been written counts as one vote for that candidate.
(10) The returning officer must declare elected the candidate or, in the case of an election for more than one position, the candidates who received the most votes.
(11) If the returning officer is unable to declare the result of an election under subrule (10) because 2 or more candidates received the same number of votes, the returning officer must—
(a) conduct a further election for the position in accordance with subrules (4) to (10) to decide which of those candidates is to be elected; or
(b) with the agreement of those candidates, decide by lot which of them is to be elected.
Under these terms ballot papers will be made available to all members on the 2nd May so any nominations must be received before that date.
President – Eltham Wildcats
Membership as per Statement of Rules: