REGISTER: Please read the below information prior to registering (registration link is at bottom of page)
**Registrations hard close March 18th**
The season dates planned by the EDJBA are:
– Saturday 20th April 2024 – 14th September 2024
– Semi-Finals 31st August 2024
– Preliminary Finals 7th September 2024
– Grand Finals 14th September 2024
Age groups for the Winter season are:
– U9: players born 2015 and earlier
– U11: players born in 2013 or 2014
– U13: players born in 2011 or 2012
– U15: players born in 2009 or 2010
– U17: players born in 2007 or 2008
– U19: players born in 2005 or 2006
– U21: players born in 2003 or 2004
It is important that when registering that you first set up an PlayHQ account as a parent, you will then register your children as dependents under your own account.
Please use an email that you will likely have long term (as in a personal one and not work or education), you will need this to log in to your account in the future. You are also able to add an additional parent to each childs account if you wish.
ABOUT THE COMING SEASON – TO HELP YOU IN ENROLLING MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY
There are two major types of teams in the Winter Season.
1. Pre-arranged or ‘Friendship Teams’ occur when a complete set of players wish to play together or a set of families wish particular members of those families to play together. Prearranged teams in Under 14 – Under 20 are allowed. In Under 8 – Under 13s, prearranged teams of existing friendship groups eg. school groups can generally be catered to, however the recruiting of players by an individual or coach to create a new prearranged team is NOT allowed.
All teams in this category must have a minimum of 7 players, own coach and team manager set as a team. If your prearranged team has only 7 players, you will be responsible for finding your own replacements or fill-ins if they’re short as we do ask teams start with 8. The team must be pre-approved by the Junior Domestic Committee prior to registrations closing. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
If any players have not registered prior to registration closing then your pre-arranged team will be filled with other club players. NO exceptions. Registration closing date is final, no late registrations will be accepted. Team mates not registering is not grounds for withdrawal/refund.
2. Club Selected Teams. Players who make no friendship specification or nominate no more than TWO others with whom they wish to play. The members of the team will then be selected by the Club at an appropriate level according to various criteria including previous seasons coaches’ reports.
For any Junior Championship teams playing together as a domestic side, please fill out the following form: CLICK HERE FOR FORM
All children who complete an enrolment online by the due date are placed in a team. Teams are selected at meetings held with coaches and convenors except where friendship or other choices are made by direct communication between convenor and coach.
Late entries are placed on waiting lists and every effort is made to find a team for them.
A NEW ENROLMENT MUST BE COMPLETED FOR EVERY SEASON – TWICE A YEAR. Your child will not be placed in a team unless you have completed a registration online.
– Friendship requests must be reciprocated and a request for up to 2 players can be made. If the request is not reciprocated prior to registration closing they will not be fulfilled. Our program is large and late requests cannot be taken into account.
– Teams playing in Under 16’s-U20’s must supply own coach.
Club is requesting that all teams in those age groups supply their own coach to assist with the season.
– If players under 14 and above have a strong preference for either a very serious, learning structured team or relaxed fun-oriented team, they should indicate this.
– A team has a minimum of seven players. Any less and the Club may add players at their discretion.
– Self coach teams are permitted however must have a nominated responsible adult to be present at all games and trainings (if applicable). This responsible person must be registered on PlayHQ as the team manager &/or coach. Self coach teams will not be allocated a training spot until the responsible adult is nominated. Please have this ready early to get a training preference locked in.
– Game day requests. These requests must be on the registration form prior to the season starting. Requests of times will only be accepted if there is a clash with school sport or coach/player in multiple teams (this is EDJBA permitted). Requests for later/earlier game slots will not be accepted for players/coaches participating in other competitions ie DV domestic competition or other sports. These are all EDJBA requirements that are set for clubs in the competition.
– Late enrolments will be placed wherever feasible and may miss high priority teams.
– Numbering of teams – The initial numbering of teams is just our best guess and can be quite misleading.
– Winter season (Championship teams entries) – teams that play in the Under 12 & 14 age groups in the Friday night competition will stay as the same team for those that register for the domestic competition. Teams that play in the U16 & 18’s age group on Fridays will not be entered as whole teams unless all participate. Note – we do not require players from other EDJBA domestic competitions to move to Eltham, they should stay at their own home domestic club unless wishing to make the move, it is not compulsory to make the change. If additional players are required, discussions prior to closing date should be had with the Boys or Girls Junior Domestic Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org
– The club seeks to be helpful in meeting your families requests but please be aware that all requests also provide limitations, restrictions in terms of available training times may mean missing out on a desirable team that has a coach with a different availability. Friendship choices may mean a less strong team than a player would be otherwise placed.
Any second team or playing up an age group must be pre-approved by the Junior Domestic Committee prior to registrations closing.
Late registrations will not be accepted.
Requests via this FORM: CLICK HERE
Training requests for all players and coaches must be available for a minimum of 4 feasible timeslots eg Under 8/9’s are expected to train from 4.15pm and there will be no training slots for U8/9’s after 6pm.
Football and others sport clashes will not be taken into account when allocating training spots and changes will not be permitted if not advised on registration. During Winter season we see an increase of Monday slot requests. We are limited with the times we have available on this day, please ensure that you state the time that you can make on all days even if after a set time and give the reason.
Once training venues have been allocated, refusing to use the space will not be taken as a reason for change. Venues are all within close proximity of our home base.
Training requests will be completed based on requests for the majority of players and the spaces that we have available. If coaches do not register as a coach prior to registration closing the club will not be chasing their requests for training, it will be based on the registered members. Changes will not occur for any late registrations and requests for late registrations may not be fulfilled.
Please notify via email (email@example.com) if your team is not planning on training for the season.
A coach is only able to coach a maximum of 3 teams in a season.
Any coaches that are wishing to extend their coaching experience and wishing to look at coaching at a higher level, please reach out to the Junior Domestic email address prior to registration closing to request a chat with the boys or girls coordinators to assist with your progress.
The club has a number of domestic coach advisors that will be available for all coaches from new to experienced coaches. Our advisors will be running several sessions each season with one session prior to the season for new to fairly new coaches and other sessions during the season.
The advisors have their own email address that you can contact them for assistance at any time. There will be times that they see a game or training session, but you are welcome to request this from them to help you further. If you need any coach assistance, please reach out to them via email DomesticCoachingAdvisor@elthamwildcats.net.au
Conduct must be in accordance with Basketball Victoria’s Codes of Conduct and Eltham Wildcats requirements of Players, Parents and Spectators published on Basketball Victoria and Eltham web sites. These are based on respect for all participants and due processes according to the Club’s Grievances Policy when grievances arise and avoidance of violence or abuse even where there is provocation.
By enrolling & signing the enrolment form players & parents are agreeing to the following conditions:
– Parents should ensure that there are adequate provisions for first aid.
– Co-operate with the requirements of coaches and club officials in games, practices and other Club events.
– Parents are responsible for the supervision of their own children.
– Respect the property of venues at which they play and practice and will be required to pay for any damages they cause.
– Parents acknowledge that there are risks to all participants in an active team sport.
– Parents must advise the club of any relevant medical conditions and in an emergency authorise the club to obtain medical treatment for the child.
Once teams have been published it is unethical and unacceptable for any coach, player, parent, or other person acting on their behalf to encourage a player to change to a different team. All requests must come from the family concerned to the relevant convenor and will be reviewed on an individual case basis.
We understand that under possible circumstances, your child may need to withdraw from playing basketball here at the Wildcats. Please read and become aware of our refund policy which applies to all participants within the Wildcats. https://elthamwildcats.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Credit-Refund-Policy-2022.pdf
Matches are played throughout the day from 8:30am-8:10pm.
Half of Eltham teams’ matches are played at ‘home’ venues (Eltham High School, Montmorency Secondary, Eltham Leisure Centre, Montmorency South Primary, Eltham College and Viewbank Primary, Greensborough College), with the remainder played at neighbouring clubs including Bulleen, Doncaster, Balwyn, Ivanhoe, Banyule, Blackburn, Collingwood and Warrandyte.
The Wildcats Saturday playing uniform consists of a Wildcats reversible singlet ($55.00) and a Wildcats pair of black basketball shorts ($30) refer to club website for appropriate shorts via this link. Both items can be purchased from the Wildcats Uniform Shop located at Eltham High School (30-60 Withers Way, Eltham). We will advise via email and social media at a closer date, when and how uniforms will be available to purchase.
All players and officials are covered by BV Sports Insurance. However, the benefits, particularly medical benefits, are minor and all participants are advised to take out other health insurance. Parents are expected to supervise young children when at venues or arrange for another parent to do so. Click here for Insurance Information.
Once enrolled the most effective method of communication is through the Team Manager to the relevant Age Group Convenor. To cover the 300 teams the Club has nearly 20 Grade Convenors. Your child’s grade convenor’s name and email can be found when the teams are displayed as well as contacting the office to get contact details.
Payment for Junior Domestic:
There is a $345 enrolment fee which is payable prior to the start of each season. Discounts are available for multiple players (siblings). A $20 late fee will apply to all registrations after Sunday 17 March.
What do your fees pay for?
– External Court Hire – Court maintenance/servicing – Game fees for regular season and finals – Contribution to EDJBA competition Management – Referees/Venue Supervisor costs – Junior Teams Support Officer – Full-Time Gameday and Administration Manager – Existing Domestic Coaching Structure including 3 dedicated domestic coaching development officers – Existing Domestic Co-ordinators, Age Group Convenors and Office Staff
Keeping basketball affordable for our community is important to the Eltham Wildcats. If you or your family are experiencing financial difficulties and are struggling to pay for the registration, please reach out to our Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can assist as referee, coach, age group convenor, fundraiser, team manager, sponsor, etc. Please indicate ways you can help. Let the office know if you can help or email email@example.com, it would be greatly appreciated.
There is always a need for well-trained referees. New courses are advertised in the PROWL newsletter, on the website and around the stadiums.
Referees deserve our RESPECT. This Club never approves of abuse of referees.